New dateline for release? - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Josh Berkus
Subject New dateline for release?
Date
Re: New dateline for release?  ("Harald Armin Massa" <haraldarminmassa@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-advocacy
Folks,

Since 8.2 is not going to be out in time for any conference I know of,
we need to revert to using a default city for the date line.  In the
past, we've used New York, New York.  However, by a coincidence it's
fairly likely that several major PostgreSQL developers will be together
in the Bay Area around the time of the release, so I was thinking of
using San Francisco, CA.  It's also a shameless attempt to piggyback on
all of the Oracle hullaboloo currently in the news.

Are there any strong objections to this?

Also, based on a consensus reached around the 7.3 release, we're way
overdue for letting the Australians break the release in their time
zone (we've done the US and Europe twice each).  So if it's practical
with our web stuff, I'm going to do the release at 15:00 UTC.

Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun
San Francisco 415-752-2500