Re: New user: Windows, Postgresql, Python - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Paul Moore
Subject Re: New user: Windows, Postgresql, Python
Date
List pgsql-general
Paul Moore <pf_moore@yahoo.co.uk> writes:

> I suppose my first (lazy) question is, is there a Python 2.4
> compatible plpython.dll available anywhere? Alternatively, is there a
> way I can build one for myself? I'm happy enough doing my own build
> (I have mingw and msys available), but I'd rather not build the whole
> of postgresql if possible, just for the sake of one DLL....

Actually, I had a go and was surprised to find that the build was
pretty simple. Once I'd got a build, copying the plpython DLL (which
is built with a different name, AFAICT) over the one installed by the
binary installer seems to work fine. Is that OK, or could I hit
problems later?

Paul.
--
Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by lazy men trying to
find easier ways to do something. -- Robert Heinlein