New behavior with JDBC 42.2.5 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ravi Krishna
Subject New behavior with JDBC 42.2.5
Date
Re: New behavior with JDBC 42.2.5  (Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com>)
List pgsql-general
We recently upgraded our JDBC driver to 42.2.5 after seeing this
https://www.postgresql.org/about/news/1883/

All of our PG databases mandates SSL connections.  So the first line in pg_hba.conf is

hostnossl all all all reject

We use dbeaver and while setting up connection we check box SSL (require).
Attempt to connect without that checked would result in the following error
"pg_hba.conf rejected the connection: SSL off"

With the JDBC version listed in the subject, we are finding that we can connect
to the database even without checking SSL.  Is that expected with this version of
JDBC. Does it automatically make the connection an SSL one?  Otherwise it is hard
to see PG allowing that connection to pass.

thanks