Re: Problem with special characters in password when using SQLDriverConnect - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Jan-Peter Seifert
Subject Re: Problem with special characters in password when using SQLDriverConnect
Date
List pgsql-odbc
Hello,

> Gesendet: Mittwoch, 15. Mai 2013 um 17:31 Uhr
> Von: "Hiroshi Inoue" <inoue@tpf.co.jp>

> There already had been a patch in 09.00.0100 but this problem obviously persists in psqlODBC 09.01.0100 Unicode.
Maybethis has been patched in the ANSI version only?

> I don't understand why ANSI drivers work.

That this has been fixed in the ANSI version only was just an assumption on my side, because the sudden increase of the
'knowncritical' characters seemed to be connected to the switch to the Unicode version of psqlODBC.
It looks like the Unicode and the ANSI version use the 'same' internal functions though?

> Could you please try the dll on testing for 9.1.0300 at
> http://www.ne.jp/asahi/inocchichichi/entrance/psqlodbc/index.html

Thank you very much for the patch!

We tested several passwords in connection with the SQLDriverConnect function and the Unicode version of psqlODBC:

password: %2  (two chars!)
submitted as:
…;UID=user;PWD=%2;                fails
…;UID=user;PWD={%2};              works

password: %25  (three chars!)
…;UID=user;PWD=%25;               fails
…;UID=user;PWD={%25};            works

password: }{
…;UID=user;PWD={}{};            fails

password: abc
…;UID=user;PWD=abc;               works (as expected)
…;UID=user;PWD={abc};              works

Password: a;bc
…;UID=user;PWD=a;bc;               fails (as expected)
…;UID=user;PWD={a;bc};             works

Best regards,

Peter