REPOST: redefining location of the socket file /tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432 - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Arcady Genkin
Subject REPOST: redefining location of the socket file /tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432
Date
List pgsql-bugs
I asked this in -general about ten days ago, but received no replies.

Can I redefine location of the UNIX domain socket file to be other
than /tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432?  The problem is that there is a /tmp cleaning
script on the Solaris system where Postgres is installed, which sweeps
away anything older than 24 hours.  Right now I'm getting away by
having a cron job touch the file periodically, but this is not a nice
solution.

p.s.  I'm sending this also to -bugs, because I think that the
location of the socket file should be configurable (at least at
compile time).

Many thanks,
--
Arcady Genkin