Re: Unknown winsock error 10061 - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Rainer Bauer
Subject Re: Unknown winsock error 10061
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Wojciech Strza?ka wrote:

> All of the machines are laptops. Maybe some power management stuff ?

I experienced problems with the Standby mode (that was with pg8.2 and XPSP2).
But since this is a workstation I just stopped using the Standby mode.

I never looked into the log files but what happened was that the CPU went up
100% and the complete system was unresponsive when it was woken up (the
Taskmanager showed that a Postgres process was using the CPU). I had to reboot
the machine every time this happened. This was not reproducable (in fact it
happened maybe one in 10 times).

I never investigated this, because I thought that Postgres was not supposed to
support the Standby mode, since a database server normally runs 24 hour a day.

Rainer