Re: Postgres for SQL Server users - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Thomas Kellerer
Subject Re: Postgres for SQL Server users
Date
List pgsql-general
Igal Sapir schrieb am 07.05.2019 um 07:58:
> GIS is a good feature but it's a niche feature, so while I'll mention
> it with extensions I am looking for more general-purpose comparisons
> and areas where Postgres is as-good or better than SQL Server.

I have a comparison of various DBMS products on my homepage:

http://www.sql-workbench.eu/dbms_comparison.html

Note that I don't claim that list is complete!
I do try to keep it up-to-date and correct, but as I am primarily a Postgres and (unfortunately) Oracle user, there
mightbe inaccuracies for other DBMS products.

I collected several blogpost regarding that topic.

Be aware: most of them are pretty old!

* https://www.datachomp.com/archives/top-10-reasons-i-like-postgres-over-sql-server/
* https://facility9.com/2011/12/ten-reasons-postgresql-is-better-than-sql-server/
* http://blog.ringerc.id.au/2011/12/postgresql-great-even-when-you-can-see.html