Re: Presenting PostgreSQLFr.org and its future - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Ewald Geschwinde
Subject Re: Presenting PostgreSQLFr.org and its future
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
> I would like to work closely with you in this.   We are currently working on a
> Non-profit Foundation in the United States to support PostgreSQL, and there
> should definitely be some official relationship between the two entities.
> If it could be made to work, might it be possible to expand your group to an
> EU-wide organization, or are you focussed on French-speaking Europe
> exclusively?
>
>> * when this is done, we'll look for partenership of commercial entities, or
>>  governemental ones. Because we need cash for the following:
>
> This is something we *need* to coordinate on; it would not do for you and I to
> hit up the same company for a donation, seperately.  Let's talk.
>
>>   - we'll have a booth at Linux Solutions 2005: we need to buy posters and
>>     tshirts to make the booth sympathetic (sourcewear.com) Im planning to
>> ask O'Reilly and
>>     Eyrolles (eyrolles recently migrated its web commercial site to PG and
>>     added a testimonial to pgfr.org!...) to let books about PG in the
>> booth.
>
> Actually, if you have some $$ for shipping, I can send you both t-shirts and
> books for the next convention (though the books will be somewhat out of
> date).

If something like a non-profit organisation is planned in Europe I'm glad
to help. I was in the past thinking of such an organisation but due to
lack of time, nothing was done.
I was thinking of a subscription model such as transgaming.com 5 USD/EUR
per month from every subscribed user and depending on the amount of money
sponsor some postgres developers or postgres related projects.

Regards Ewald Geschwinde