[FOSDEM2005-devrooms] Call for Presence Developer Rooms and Booth (fwd) - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Bruce Momjian
Subject [FOSDEM2005-devrooms] Call for Presence Developer Rooms and Booth (fwd)
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Attached is a request from FOSDEM for room resverations.  If someone
wants to take the lead on this, feel free.

Dear Free and Open Source Developers,
Dear Free and Open Source Project Leaders,

The FOSDEM (Free and Open Source Developers' European Meeting) is a free
and non-commercial event for the community and organized by the
community.  Its goal is to provide Free and Open Source developers and
communities a place to meet to

    * get in touch with other developers and projects,
    * get informed about the latest developments in the Free and Open
      Source world,
    * attend to interesting talks and presentations held in large
      conference rooms by Free and Open Source project leaders and
      committers on various topics,
    * and to promote the development and the benefits of Free and Open
      Source solutions.

As for being a free event, participation and attendance is totally *free
of charge* (although we thankfully accept donations and sponsorship).

To help the community, FOSDEM sets up 'DevRooms' (Developer Rooms) where
teams can meet and discuss about their projects.  It is also a place
where a team can discuss, code (hacking sessions), publicly present
latest directions, tutorials, news and decisions. The FOSDEM Team thinks
it's very important that developers from around the world can meet 'in
real life' and we believe projects can benefit from these meetings.
Common facilities such as network/internet connectivity and beamers will
be provided upon request (see below).

If your team wants to share experience and latest news or directions
about your project, feel free to contact us to book a developer room.

We need to know

    * the name of the group (and maybe a short explanation about what
      your group/project is all about),
    * the (expected) attending audience,
    * whether you need a beamer,
    * and whether you need network (internet) connectivity.

We also need to know if you want the room for half a day or more, as we
want to share the rooms between several teams if possible, so to provide
that commodity to a largest possible number of projects.

We do need a schedule two months before the event takes place.  That
schedule is actually a list of speakers/subjects and public activities
you're planning in the DevRoom. It will be printed in the FOSDEM folder
that is handed out to visitors, printed on the DevRoom entrance and
published on the website.  As we receive requests from many projects,
please understand that we shall only give DevRooms to those who will
make talks (or similar activities) and who will send us their schedule.

Teams can also contact us to get a booth (stand). We need to know
whether you will need a network connectivity, how many tables you need
for your project, etc. You may use those to promote your project, sell
stuff (posters, t-shirts, ...), hand out software, make demonstrations,
or (almost) whatever comes to your mind as long it's not a purely
commercial attitude. Booth is not a "cyber-cafe", so not to be used for
Internet surfing : there is the hacker's room available for that.

The 5th FOSDEM edition will be February 26-27 2005 in Brussels
(Belgium).  More details about the event will be announced and published
on the official FOSDEM website: http://www.fosdem.org

If you're interested in booking a DevRoom or a stand or just having more
information, please send us an e-mail to devrooms@fosdem.org

The FOSDEM DevRooms Team.

http://www.fosdem.org/2004/index/news/fosdem

- --
Arnaud Vandyck for the FOSDEM
http://fosdem.org/
Free and Open Source Software Developers' European Meeting
February 26-27 2005,
Bruxelles, Belgium