Re: Maintenance form exection thread - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Dave Page
Subject Re: Maintenance form exection thread
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
On Tue, Apr 6, 2010 at 6:11 PM, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Am I reading things right that we actually execute things from the
> maintenance dialog (like VACUUM) on a separate thread, to keep the UI
> responsive? Yet, it keeps hanging when we do that. My guess is that
> we're "using up" the connection we have, and as soon as somebody else
> needs access to the connection to do things like refresh tree
> information, we hang and wait. Or am I reading this wrong?
>
> If we are, should we perhaps consider firing off these jobs on a
> separate connection?

Yeah, that would seem like a sensible idea. At first thought I guessed
it was an issue like this
http://svn.pgadmin.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi?rev=6458&view=rev, but on
reflection I think your much more simple explanation is the likely
cause.

--
Dave Page