Maintenance form exection thread - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Maintenance form exection thread
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
Hi!

Am I reading things right that we actually execute things from the
maintenance dialog (like VACUUM) on a separate thread, to keep the UI
responsive? Yet, it keeps hanging when we do that. My guess is that
we're "using up" the connection we have, and as soon as somebody else
needs access to the connection to do things like refresh tree
information, we hang and wait. Or am I reading this wrong?

If we are, should we perhaps consider firing off these jobs on a
separate connection?

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/