I just can't get it:record_in, record_out(I know i try to do something postgres is not developed for but there are many 'buts') - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Peter Filipov
Subject I just can't get it:record_in, record_out(I know i try to do something postgres is not developed for but there are many 'buts')
Date
List pgsql-general
This is what i can't get right:

CREATE type tst_tst as (a integer, b text);

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION tst_store(a anyelement) RETURNS text AS $$
BEGIN
    RETURN textin(record_out(a));
END
$$ LANGUAGE PLPGSQL;

create or replace function tst_load1(a text) returns tst_tst as $$
declare
    b tst_tst;
    c text;
begin
    c := record_in(textout(a), 'tst_tst'::regtype::oid, 0);
    c := 'select row'  || c || '::tst_tst';
    raise notice 'boza:%', c;
    execute c into b;
    return b;