Reiser4 - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Pierre-Frédéric Caillaud
Subject Reiser4
Date
Re: Reiser4  (Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>)
List pgsql-performance

    ReiserFS 4 is (will be) a filesystem that implements transactions.

    Are there any plans in a future Postgresql version to support a special
fsync method for Reiser4 which will use the filesystem's transaction
engine, instead of an old kludge like fsync(), with a possibility of
vastly enhanced performance ?

    Is there also a possibility to tell Postgres : "I don't care if I lose 30
seconds of transactions on this table if the power goes out, I just want
to be sure it's still ACID et al. compliant but you can fsync less often
and thus be faster" (with a possibility of setting that on a per-table
basis) ?

    Thanks.