Backslash character in psql problem - Mailing list pgsql-hackers-win32

From nitrogenycs@web.de
Subject Backslash character in psql problem
Date
List pgsql-hackers-win32
Hi,

thanks for putting up the binaries that fix the initdb crash. I got it
initted and running, but there's a problem with psql annoying me. I cannot
type a simple '\' (backslash) character. If i press the key (AltGr + ß,
german keyboard) nothing gets displayed on screen and the keystroke is
apparently not recognized.
First i thought it was some issue with the codepages and i played around
with those and read the part in the manual about them, but nothing seemed
to help. Lastly, I tried psql with the -n switch (disable advanced
commandline,readline) and this helped, i could type any character i
wanted, no matter which codepage i was using.
am i doing something wrong? what can i do to resolve the problem?

thank you for your help

-Matthias