Re: oracle to psql migration - slow query in postgres - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Pierre C
Subject Re: oracle to psql migration - slow query in postgres
Date
List pgsql-performance
>  emailok             | numeric(2,0)                |

Note that NUMERIC is meant for
- really large numbers with lots of digits
- or controlled precision and rounding (ie, order total isn't
99.999999999999 $)

Accordingly, NUMERIC is a lot slower in all operations, and uses a lot
more space, than all the other numeric types.

I see many columns in your table that are declared as NUMERIC but should
be BOOLs, or SMALLINTs, or INTs, or BIGINTs.

Perhaps Oracle handles these differently, I dunno.