Re: tsearch2 dictionary that indexes substrings? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Listmail
Subject Re: tsearch2 dictionary that indexes substrings?
Date
List pgsql-general
    You want trigram based search.
    ie.

    postgresql -> 'pos', 'ost', 'stg', 'tgr', 'gre', 'res', 'esq', 'sql'

    searching for 'gresq' is searching for  'gre' and 'res' and 'esq' which
is good friends with bitmap scan. Then a little LIKE '%gresq%' to filter
the results.

    PS : indexing all substring means for long words you get huge number of
lexems...