PostgreSQL advocacy - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Mark Morgan Lloyd
Subject PostgreSQL advocacy
Date
Re: PostgreSQL advocacy  (Scott Marlowe <scott.marlowe@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-general
If anybody puts together a "just the facts" document after Oracle's
attack on PostgreSQL in Russia, please make sure it's drawn to the
attention of this mailing list for the benefit of those who aren't in
-advocacy.

I was discussing this sort of thing elsewhere in the context of MS's
apparent challenge to Oracle and IBM, and the dominant feeling appeared
to be that actual use of things like Oracle RAC was vanishingly
uncommon. Which surprised me, and which I'm treating with caution since
the fact that facilities aren't used (in a certain population of
developers etc.) can in no way be interpreted as meaning that the
technology is not unavailable or unreliable.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk