Re: Ready to branch 7.2/7.3 ? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Doug McNaught
Subject Re: Ready to branch 7.2/7.3 ?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Greg Copeland <greg@CopelandConsulting.Net> writes:

> I guess I jumped the gun in my previous message as I hadn't read this
> one yet.  I completely agree with Marc on this topic.  What is the logic
> for simply not snap-shoting what really is 7.2 and move on with 7.3
> while allowing 7.2.x to occur on the branch for migration on a later
> day?

If you don't branch immediately, then bugfixes only have to be done
once.  So it makes some sense to let things stabilize for a little
while after a general release.

-Doug
--
Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees.  --T. J. Jackson, 1863