Re: Any time estimates for 7.1.2 RPM's ? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Doug McNaught
Subject Re: Any time estimates for 7.1.2 RPM's ?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hannu Krosing <hannu@tm.ee> writes:

> > btw, the normal configure-make-makeinstall method doesn't work on RedHat
> > 6.2?  Weird ... works for me (tm).
>
> It works for me too, just that I have quite many installations some
> of which don't even have a compiler installed. It does not work
> without gcc ;)

I've found that doing conf/make/make install on a dev system, and then
copying the resulting /usr/local/pgsql tree to production systems,
works fine.  Not quite as clean as RPM, but quite usable--I was doing
this with 7.1pre before 7.1 came out.  Of course, your library
versions and all that have to match reasonably closely...

-Doug
--
The rain man gave me two cures; he said jump right in,
The first was Texas medicine--the second was just railroad gin,