Re: Distribution making - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Pavel.Janik@linux.cz (Pavel Janík ml.)
Subject Re: Distribution making
Date
List pgsql-hackers
From: Karel Zak <zakkr@zf.jcu.cz>  Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 18:22:30 +0200 (CEST)

Hi Karel,
  > Yes, I know. But it expect that in the *common-original-source* must  > be .spec file. Or not?

not, of course. But if it is there, you can easily built RPM via rpm -ta
source*tar.gz. Only Source RPMS (aka SRPM) must have .spec file built in.
  >  I'm not enemy of RH, I only not sure if is good "foul" original  >  source.

The same for me. I do hate packagers who just rename my package.tar.gz to
package.orig.tar.gz and built tens of patches into one big .diff.gz which
is crazy to maintain :-)) No flamewars please.

BTW - Searching of mailing-lists is not working on postgresql.org. Try this
very long link :-))

http://www.postgresql.org/mhonarc/pgsql-hackers/search.cgi?ps=10&ul=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.postgresql.org%2Fmhonarc%2Fpgsql-hackers%2F%25&q=CREATE+SNAPSHOT&ps=10&o=0&m=all
--
Pavel Janík ml.