Re: [HACKERS] Re: pg_dump with BLOBS & V7.0.2 UPDATED - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Pavel.Janik@linux.cz (Pavel Janík ml.)
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Re: pg_dump with BLOBS & V7.0.2 UPDATED
Date
List pgsql-general
   From: Pavel.Janik@linux.cz (Pavel Janík ml.)
   Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2000 11:11:05 +0200

Hi,

   > this patch applied, just untar the newest snapshot to src/bin/pg_dump
   > and you can continue with normal installation: configure && make &&
   > make install.

hmm. PG_VERSION is defined as 0 in version.h:

#define PG_VERSION              "0"

but in CVS version the variable is defined in config.h:

#define PG_VERSION "7.1devel"

So if you compile the new pg_dump as I wrote above, you must use
--ignore-version:

SnowWhite:/home/pavel$ pg_dump db
Database version: Archiver(db)
PostgreSQL 7.0.2 on i486-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by gcc 2.7.2.3 version: 0
Aborting because of version mismatch.
Use --ignore-version if you think it's safe to proceed anyway.
SnowWhite:/home/pavel$

I think this is the correct (and smallest :-) patch:

--
Pavel Janík ml.
Pavel.Janik@linux.cz

Attachment