Re: OpenRPT - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Christopher Browne
Subject Re: OpenRPT
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
chriskl@familyhealth.com.au (Christopher Kings-Lynne) wrote:
>> Dave, thanks for the plug - and thanks to everyone who's expressed
>> an interest in OpenRPT so far.  It seems there are still some
>> performance issues with pgFoundry  (pending setup of new servers?) -
>> so for now, we're going to do our best not to contribute to the
>> load, and point people to OpenRPT's home on SourceForge, where the
>> iron is big and the pipes fat:
>> http://openrpt.sf.net/
>
> Erm.  I looked at that software.  It's freakin' rad.  Finally I can do
> reports for managers without MS Access...

My question would be whether or not it's "batchable" for environments
where you haven't got X running or available.

It could be nifty to "drag and drool" some reports into place, but
there are cases where that's only useful if they can subsequently be
deployed without needing to have either Qt or X available.
--
(format nil "~S@~S" "cbbrowne" "gmail.com")
http://cbbrowne.com/info/slony.html