Re: Update 6.5 database files to 7.0 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Doug McNaught
Subject Re: Update 6.5 database files to 7.0
Date
List pgsql-hackers
"Adam Wyard" <ism@candela.com.au> writes:

> The rough and ready solution is to move the databases to our newer server,
> which is running v7.0, but I now have the problem that there is apparently
> no way to upgrade the database files to the new version (without having a
> server running 6.5 to dump them).
>
> Is there a way to convert the databases from the files?

No, but:

ftp://ftp.us.postgresql.org/source/v6.5/postgresql-6.5.3.tar.gz

You should be able to build it and dump out your existing data files
to be imported into a later version.

-Doug
--
Doug McNaught       Wireboard Industries      http://www.wireboard.com/
     Custom software development, systems and network consulting.     Java PostgreSQL Enhydra Python Zope Perl Apache