Update 6.5 database files to 7.0 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Adam Wyard
Subject Update 6.5 database files to 7.0
Date
List pgsql-hackers
I have an old server which crashed yesterday, which had a few Postgresql
database running on v6.5. The operating system would not load, but I managed
to extract the files from the drive by placing it as a secondary drive on
another machine.

The rough and ready solution is to move the databases to our newer server,
which is running v7.0, but I now have the problem that there is apparently
no way to upgrade the database files to the new version (without having a
server running 6.5 to dump them).

Is there a way to convert the databases from the files?