Setting of locales at runtime ? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From David Sauer
Subject Setting of locales at runtime ?
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

  I have question about postgres: it is possible (or planned) to change
locales (and sorting) at runtime ? For example, I will have 2 tables, in 2
different languages. I want following:

set locale cs;
select * from table1 order by 1;   // this will sort by first column
                                   // and use czech locale

set locale es;
select * from table2 order by 2;  // this will sort using spanish locale

                                        thanks,

                                                David

--
* David Sauer, student of Czech Technical University
* electronic mail: davids@penguin.cz (mime compatible)