Re: [GENERAL] Czech Win1250 sorting q - Mailing list pgsql-general

From David Sauer
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Czech Win1250 sorting q
Date
List pgsql-general

    Robert> netkof=> show client encoding;
    Robert> ERROR: parser: parse error at or

Sorry, my mistake. The right name is 'client_encoding' (with underscore).

Example:

david=> set client_encoding to 'latin2';
SET VARIABLE

    Robert> Hmm, what did you say I should write? Well, this is PG6.5.2
    Robert> installed from RPM, should it be compiled with some special
    Robert> option? Thanks.

Yes, postgres must be compiled with --enable-locale and --with-mb=LATIN2.
And, I'am not sure, but may want upgrade to 6.5.3.

--
* David Sauer, student of Czech Technical University
* electronic mail: davids@penguin.cz (mime compatible)