Re: [GENERAL] Czech Win1250 sorting q - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Lamar Owen
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Czech Win1250 sorting q
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mon, 13 Dec 1999, David Sauer wrote:
>     Robert> Hmm, what did you say I should write? Well, this is PG6.5.2
>     Robert> installed from RPM, should it be compiled with some special
>     Robert> option? Thanks.
>
> Yes, postgres must be compiled with --enable-locale and --with-mb=LATIN2.
> And, I'am not sure, but may want upgrade to 6.5.3.

The pg_encoding utility is not shipped with any RPM's prior to 6.5.3-3 -- I
would say that upgrading to that would be a good thing.  Also, prior to
6.5.3-3, the RPM distribution, while compiled with --enable-locale, was not
compiled with --with-mb= -- thus, while the RPM binaries have locale support,
they don't have multibyte, which may be needed.  The 6.5.3-3 RPM's fix that.

--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio