Re: [9.3 bug] disk space in pg_xlog increases during archive recovery - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dimitri Fontaine
Subject Re: [9.3 bug] disk space in pg_xlog increases during archive recovery
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> By reading this thread, -1 for the addition of a new GUC parameter related
> to cascading, it looks like an overkill for the possible gain. And +1 for
> the removal of WAL file once it is replayed in archive recovery if
> cascading replication is not allowed. However, what about

Well, we still don't register standby servers, so I vote against early
removal of files that you have no possible way to know if they are still
useful or not. We need something smarter here. Please.

Regards,
--
Dimitri Fontaine