Re: tag 9.5 as alpha/beta on the apt download sites? - Mailing list pgsql-pkg-debian

From Dimitri Fontaine
Subject Re: tag 9.5 as alpha/beta on the apt download sites?
Date
List pgsql-pkg-debian
Christoph Berg <cb@df7cb.de> writes:
>> The question/suggestion is: would it make sense to have such a red line
>> also on the Debian click-path?

I don't think it would:

> There is some technical hurdle which prevents 9.5 to get installed (it
> won't find a matching libpq5 package) unless you tweak the
> sources.list line as per [1].

You only get 9.5 in debian if you ask for it, and you have to search in
the FAQ to enable it, so it won't happen by mistake.

> I agree we could improve the situation, but I'm not really sure what
> variant would work well and also wouldn't be forgotten to be removed
> when 9.5 becomes stable.

I would argue the current debian organisation here is a feature, not a
bug, so please consider not fixing it!

Regards,
--
Dimitri Fontaine