Re: Command Triggers, patch v11 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dimitri Fontaine
Subject Re: Command Triggers, patch v11
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Thom Brown <thom@linux.com> writes:
> problem.  It was the DROP COMMAND TRIGGER statement that garnered
> comment, as it makes more sense to drop the entire trigger than
> individual commands for that trigger.

What you're saying here is that a single command could have more than
one command attached to it, and what I understand Tom, Robert and Kevin
are saying is that any given command trigger should only be attached to
a single command.

If we wanted to be more consistent we would need to have a way to attach
the same trigger to both BEFORE and AFTER the command, as of now you
need two triggers here.

Regards,
--
Dimitri Fontaine