Re: ALTER SYSTEM SET command to change postgresql.conf parameters (RE: Proposal for Allow postgresql.conf values to be changed via SQL [review]) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dimitri Fontaine
Subject Re: ALTER SYSTEM SET command to change postgresql.conf parameters (RE: Proposal for Allow postgresql.conf values to be changed via SQL [review])
Date
In response to Re: ALTER SYSTEM SET command to change postgresql.conf parameters (RE: Proposal for Allow postgresql.conf values to be changed via SQL [review])  (Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net>)
Responses Re: ALTER SYSTEM SET command to change postgresql.conf parameters (RE: Proposal for Allow postgresql.conf values to be changed via SQL [review])  (David Fetter <david@fetter.org>)
List pgsql-hackers
> A shared catalog which defined which *database* to run the trigger in,
> with a way to fire off a new backend worker in that database and tell it
> to run the trigger, might be interesting and would deal with the issue
> that the trigger would behave differently depending on the database
> connected to.  That would bring along other issues, of course, but it
> seemed an interesting enough idea to mention.

Yeah, I like that approach. The only drawback is that it requires having
PLproxy in core first, or something like Foreign Functions or something.

Regards,
--
Dimitri Fontaine