Re: Company PR WAS: News links, post 'em here - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Dimitri Fontaine
Subject Re: Company PR WAS: News links, post 'em here
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> writes:
> think it doesn't hurt to have notation of which articles were derived
> from corporate press releases as opposed to community ones.

I agree. My understanding of your question about the apparent french
success in reaching out to the press was limited to the community effort
as opposed to the corporate press, and it seems to me that the answer
you got is all about corporate press and throwing corporate money at it.

My aim here was to make it obvious how to separate the two categories so
that any french lesson on this PR effort would be limited to what we did
actually achieve as a community: nothing impressive when compared to the
other countries and organisations.

> The only thing I could see getting upset about is if "founder of
> www.postgresql.fr" is inaccurate (I don't personally know who did what
> first).  That does seem like an odd thing to mention as your CV, though,
> JPA; seems like "board member of PostgreSQL France" would make more sense.

Well JPA did create the postgresql.fr user group, that's for sure. I
have quite fond memories of authoring the first set of web pages that he
did host on his own server at home at a time where cloud computing was
certainly not a commodity.

Regards,
--
Dimitri Fontaine