Re: JSON for PG 9.2 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dimitri Fontaine
Subject Re: JSON for PG 9.2
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> On Sat, Dec 17, 2011 at 5:02 PM, Dimitri Fontaine
> <dimitri@2ndquadrant.fr> wrote:
>> I'd like to add some confusion on the implementation choice, because it
>> looks damn too easy now… Guile 2.0 offers an implementation of the
>> ECMAscript language and plscheme already exists as a PostgreSQL PL
>> extension for integrating with Guile.
>
> It seems like the licensing there could potentially be problematic.
> It's GPL with a linking exception.  Not sure we want to go there.

It's LGPL so it's compatible (only the readline part is subject to GPL,
we're familiar enough with that though).
 http://www.gnu.org/software/guile/docs/docs-2.0/guile-ref/Guile-License.html
 The Guile library (libguile) and supporting files are published under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public
Licenseversion 3 or later. See the files COPYING.LESSER and COPYING.
 C code linking to the Guile library is subject to terms of that library. Basically such code may be published on any
terms,provided users can re-link against a new or modified version of Guile.
 Scheme level code written to be run by Guile (but not derived from Guile itself) is not restricted in any way, and may
bepublished on any terms. We encourage authors to publish on Free terms.

Regards,
--
Dimitri Fontaine