Re: News links, post 'em here - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Dimitri Fontaine
Subject Re: News links, post 'em here
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
damien clochard <damien@dalibo.info> writes:
> The other point is that we're spreading the word from several points.
> There's of course Stéphane and other guys doing a great job translating

Stéphane and I did the translating (as has been usual for at least a
couple of releases now), thanks. And as the “French Representative” (or
whatever his role is actually named) Stéphane then gave the news to his
press contacts. One of them wanted to interview a french contributor to
the project, and was led to me.

> the press release. And in parallel, local PG companies are amplifying
> the message by sending it at the same time. Speaking for DALIBO, we're
> using our PR company to relay the PG press release and adding some
> "French-centric" content (some quotes, a statement from a government

It's pretty clear that we have 2 kinds of french articles available to
cover the news, some of them are talking about PostgreSQL the Open
Source project and some of them are explaining to potential customers
who to contact if they want to use Ora2PG.

The only reason why the french news coverage looks great in the wiki
listing is because both kinds of news are listed as community efforts.

Having both efforts coexist is of course perfectly fine. I just think we
should not mix some companies private marketing with the community
communication, even when the appeal of surfing on the annual big news
item makes them happen at the same time. At least not when trying to
understand how to achieve such a result in other countries.

Regards,
--
Dimitri Fontaine