Re: [HACKERS] Call for Google Summer of Code mentors, admins - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Dimitri Fontaine
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Call for Google Summer of Code mentors, admins
Date
Re: [HACKERS] Call for Google Summer of Code mentors, admins  ("Gilberto Castillo" <gilberto.castillo@etecsa.cu>)
List pgsql-advocacy
Atri Sharma <atri.jiit@gmail.com> writes:
> We can use a scheduling algorithm, and can define a pool of tasks as well as
> a time constraint for the amount of time which can be used for running the
> tasks.Then, a scheduling algorithm can pick tasks from the pool based on
> priorities and the time duration of a task.I can see a dynamic programming
> solution to this problem.

I think mcron already implements it all and is made to be embedded into
a larger program.

  http://www.gnu.org/software/mcron/

Regards,
--