Re: [HACKERS] Re: New developer globe - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From wieck@debis.com (Jan Wieck)
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Re: New developer globe
Date
Re: [HACKERS] Re: New developer globe  (Michael Meskes <meskes@postgresql.org>)
List pgsql-hackers
Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> I think that we have by far the coolest developers page of any
> open-source'ish project out there. What I miss is something like a line
> what people do in their Real Life. From what I gather most people around
> here are probably one of programmer, system admin, or in academia. But it
> would put a refreshing realistic context to the whole thing.

    Exactly that is something NOT to put on this page. Don't make
    the job of headhunters too easy!

> *** puts on asbestos suit ***

    Looser, that's not bullet proof :-)

> Also I think putting the photos below the globe (at least in addition)
> might be better because for people digging around in Europe or the North
> American east coast it obscures too much and it's also hard to get an
> overview.

    I could turn the text in the pages body into a table and  add
    the images there too. But I absolutely like them in the popup
    and will let them in.

Jan