Re: AW: [HACKERS] Solution to the pg_user passwd problem !?? (c) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From jwieck@debis.com (Jan Wieck)
Subject Re: AW: [HACKERS] Solution to the pg_user passwd problem !?? (c)
Date
List pgsql-hackers

> > The command
> > copy pg_user to stdout;
> >
> > will also show the cleartext password and I think it is hard to do a rewrite
> > here,
> > since this would also affect the pg_dump ?
> >
> > * Teardrops keep falling on my head ... *  :-(
>
> It was brilliant, even if it doesn't fully solve the problem.
>
> --
> Bruce Momjian
> maillist@candle.pha.pa.us

    Not only that it was brilliant - as stated in my last post it
    also showed that there is a bug in the  rewrite  system  that
    must  get  fixed  so  we  can  use  views in INSERT...SELECT!
    Please add this to the TODO.

    For the pg_user permission problem I can think about  another
    solution.  It's  a  feature  still  on my personal wishlist -
    setuid views.

Until later, Jan