Re: How can I check the treatment of bug fixes? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From MauMau
Subject Re: How can I check the treatment of bug fixes?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
From: "Robert Haas" <robertmhaas@gmail.com>

"Greg Smith" <greg@2ndQuadrant.com> wrote in message
> Discussion here seems to have wandered far away from useful suggestions
> for you, let's see if that's possible to return to that. Best way to
> confirm when a bug is resolved is to subscribe to the pgsql-committers
> mailing list. If a commit for this fix appears, odds are good the
> original bug number will be referenced. Even if it isn't, you may
> recognize it via its description. Until you see that, the bug is almost
> certainly still open.
>
> Bugs that are considered to impact the current version under development
> are sometimes listed at http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Open_Items
> Adding a bug to there that's not really specific to the new version may
> not be considered good form by some. It is the closest thing to an open
> bug tracker around though, and adding items to there means they won't be
> forgotten about; it's checked regularly by developers considering when
> it's a good time to release another alpha or beta.

Thank you. I understood that it's the best and perhaps only way to search
the pgsql-committers mail archive periodically. I would be happy if some
bug/issue tracker could kindly notify the issuer of status changes via
email.

I'll add my patch to either of CommitFest or Open Items list a few days
later. (But I'm reluctant to pollute those pages with bug fixes which apply
to previous versions. That can't be helped.)

Regards
MauMau