Re: PG website testing - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Thomas Kellerer
Subject Re: PG website testing
Date
List pgsql-general
Thom Brown wrote on 04.10.2010 20:40:
> Hi all,
>
> We're currently testing a new javascript change on the PostgreSQL
> docs.  This is to make sure monospaced fonts still appear at a
> reasonable size between browsers.  I'd appreciate it if some of you
> could do some browser testing.  http://magnus.webdev.postgresql.org/
> Only docs for 8.3 and below are available.  Please also check the main
> site for font issues, and post any issues you find here.

Looks good on Firefox 3.6, Windows XP

But I can't see a big difference to the live documents

In fact the fixed font e.g. on
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/ddl-default.html

is a tiny bit bigger than  on
http://magnus.webdev.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/static/ddl-default.html

Looking at the CSS, the current live site is configured to use 1.4em for the fixed font, whereas your site uses 1.2em
soit does make sense that it's a little bit large on the live site.

Regards
Thomas