Re: Alpha release this week? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dave Page
Subject Re: Alpha release this week?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Mar 31, 2010 at 6:46 PM, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
> Dave,
>
>> Not with any amount of testing as we'd normally give any build before
>> releasing it anyway. I can certainly stuff a tarball into the new
>> build machine and see what comes out the next morning.
>
> That would be good enough for Saturday; we're going to test it after
> all.  Let me know which snapshot day you grab, so we can have the same
> snapshot-day for Windows and other platforms.

Oh, you're wanting to use an automated snapshot? There used to be some
differences in those tarballs (when compared to real releases) that
will probably cause the build system to fall over. If you can get a
proper alpha 5 tarball created, that would be preferrable.

--
Dave Page