Re: Updating from 8.2 to 8.4 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Mark Morgan Lloyd
Subject Re: Updating from 8.2 to 8.4
Date
List pgsql-general
Adrian Klaver wrote:
>> although I don't know why it didn't bite on 8.2 unless it's specifically
>> when 64-bit timestamps are processed.
>
> You might want to confirm your 8.4 installation is using integer datetimes as
> there is some variability in its useage among packagers. Follow this thread for
> one such discussion:
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-general/2009-07/msg01119.php

Thanks Adrian, noted. I'm hoping to get onto 8.4 before too long because
of the analytic functions but that thread suggests that the best course
of action would be to make sure that my code is robust against the new
server and then decide on an upgrade schedule.

I'm building from scratch here so all options are as default except for
added Perl.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk