Re: BLOB help - yes I've read around! - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Thomas Kellerer
Subject Re: BLOB help - yes I've read around!
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
Brad Milne, 07.04.2009 16:04:
> So how do you save the bytea data? I get:
> Method org.postgresql.jdbc4.Jdbc4PreparedStatement.setBinaryStream(int,
> InputStream) is not yet implemented

The following has been working for me since I think 8.1 (and the corresponding JDBC driver):

Statement stmt = con.prepareStatement(
  "INSERT INTO blob_table (id, blob_col) VALUES (?,?)");
stmt.setInt(1, 42);

File blobFile = new File("my_picture.jpg");
InputStream in = new FileInputStream(blobFile);
stmt.setBinaryStream(2, r, (int)f.length());
stmt.executeUpdate();
con.commit();

Thomas