Re: Using Postgres as a "embedded" / SQL Lite database on Windows - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Thomas Kellerer
Subject Re: Using Postgres as a "embedded" / SQL Lite database on Windows
Date
List pgsql-general
Craig Hawkes, 24.10.2007 22:04:
> If I could reword:
>
> Given that we have a large estiblished client base running a
> Delphi/Paradox solution, and that we would like to replace Paradox with
> a much better SQL engine, I was looking for comments as to how Postgres
> maybe suitable.

Not sure if I'll be banned from this list for saying this :)

For embedding with possible scaling to a multi-user environment you
might want to take a look at Firebird (www.firebirdsql.org).

It's not as feature reach as Postgres and the documentation is very poor
compared to PG (because of licensing issues everything is spread in
different places). But it is a good engine and does integrate well with
Delph as far as I know.

Thomas