Re: Postgres High Availablity Solution needed for hot-standby and load balancing - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Usama Dar
Subject Re: Postgres High Availablity Solution needed for hot-standby and load balancing
Date
Re: Postgres High Availablity Solution needed for hot-standby and load balancing  ("Ragnar Heil" <Ragnar.Heil@fast.no>)
List pgsql-general

On 11/29/07, Ragnar Heil <Ragnar.Heil@fast.no> wrote:
Hi

our customer has got the following requirements:

Req1) Master master replication supported, not only master / slave
replication with only the master being writable. If you do have multiple
slave systems they are only useful from a backup and standby
perspective.  Our Application must have a db-connection it can write to.

Req2) Replication of schema should also be possible, not only data

Req3) Not only a hot-standby-solution is needed. Load Balancing is
wanted for the future.

Currently I am looking at EnterpriseDB but it seems that they dont
support multiple master-replication

best regards
Ragnar

               http://archives.postgresql.org/

Have you looked at pgCluster or Continuent's uni/Cluster?

--
Usama Munir Dar http://linkedin.com/in/usamadar
Consultant Architect