Re: 8.2.5 -> 8.3 beta tsearch2 help - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andy
Subject Re: 8.2.5 -> 8.3 beta tsearch2 help
Date
List pgsql-general
rkmr.em@gmail.com wrote:
> i tried to restore a dump from 8.2.5 in which i had used tsearch2 and
> contains lot of tsearch2 index. when i tried to restore it to 8.3beta it
> complained about 'unknow command \r\n' . i know it is from tsearch2.
> doesnt 8.3 have tsearch2 enabled by default?
> with 8.2xx i used to create a database and run tsearch2.sql [from
> share/contrib/tsearch2 ], how do i do it in 8.3?
> thanks

tsearch2 is built into pg 8.3, you dont need to install anything.  They
renamed some function n'stuff so you cant just backup/restore.

I have posted a upgrade doc to -hackers, but I'm the only one that has
used it so far (that I know of), so I'd be interested in hearing if it
works for you.  (The doc may be include, after some clean up, into the
manual, if it turns out to be useful)

-Andy