Re: improvement proposition - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: improvement proposition
Date
List pgsql-general
hubert depesz lubaczewski <depesz@depesz.com> writes:
> would it be possible for someone to add "last query" for
> pg_stat_activity view?

> there is a lot of cases that we have "idle in transaction" sitting for
> long time, and since we dont log all queries it is next to impossible to
> tell where in app code the problem lies.

Turn on log_statement.  I don't believe the feature you are asking for
will be nearly as useful as you think.  More than likely, what it
will show you is something like "commit; begin" and you'll be little
wiser than before.  What you'll need to identify the problem will be a
trace of everything the app did; which is what the log is for, not
pg_stat_activity.

            regards, tom lane