Re: [HACKERS] snapbuild woes - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Petr Jelinek
Subject Re: [HACKERS] snapbuild woes
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 04/05/17 07:45, Noah Misch wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 27, 2017 at 09:42:58PM -0700, Andres Freund wrote:

>>> since has
>>> see
>>> we'll
>>> update.

>>> testsuite
>>>
>>> This PostgreSQL 10 open item is past due for your status update.
>>> Kindly send
>>> a status update within 24 hours, and include a date for your subsequent
>>> status
>>> update.  Refer to the policy on open item ownership:
>>> https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20170404140717.GA2675809%40tornado.leadboat.com
>>
>> I committed part of the series today, plan to continue doing so over the next few days.  Changes require careful
review& testing, this is easy to get wrong...

> This PostgreSQL 10 open item is past due for your status update.  Kindly send
> a status update within 24 hours, and include a date for your subsequent status
> update.
>
> Also, this open item has been alive for three weeks, well above guideline.  I
> understand it's a tricky bug, but I'm worried this isn't on track to end.
> What is missing to make it end?

It's tricky 5 bugs, and they are quite sensitive on rare
timing/concurrency events.

First two are fixed, we can live with 5th being done later (as it's not
correctness fix, but very bad performance one).

We haven't figured way for fixing the 4th one that we all agree is good
solution (everything proposed so far still had bugs).

I am not quite sure what happened to the 3rd one.

Services