Re: New "function tables" in V13 documentation - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: New "function tables" in V13 documentation
Date
List pgsql-general
On 11/14/20 8:24 PM, David G. Johnston wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 13, 2020 at 1:48 PM Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com
>
>     Which is an indication that for changes of this scope it would be
>     prudent to create a mock up and have end users see and comment on
>     before
>     rolling them out.
>

> There were mockups and people did provide comments.  Do you have any

Where were they announced and when?

> concrete suggestions on what should have been done, or done differently?

Yes my concrete suggestion was a return to previous layout. It was
rejected out of hand. I still think that the previous layout is a
significant improvement over the current layout. Namely, you could see
more and pick out the information quicker. The current setup is as Kevin
said an amorphous 'wall of text'. Losing the columns was a big mistake,
they should be returned.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com