Cluster/redundancy question - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Travis Brady
Subject Cluster/redundancy question
Date
Re: Cluster/redundancy question  (Scott Marlowe <smarlowe@g2switchworks.com>)
List pgsql-general
All,

Forgive me if this has been answered before, but I've searched the archives and the net extensively and have come up mostly empty so far.

I'm working at convincing my firm to implement a postgresql database cluster.
Specifically, we'd like to get a few machines running to be more available and to protect against any kind of failure.

Right now people are leaning toward MySQL and Emic, but I've been evangelizing for postgres for the standard reasons.
How does one go about setting this kind of thing up?
I've looked at Bizgres and Pervasive but I'm not sure if that's necessarily what we want.

thank you,

Travis