Re: Unclear EOL - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: Unclear EOL
Date
Re: Unclear EOL  ("David G. Johnston" <david.g.johnston@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-www
On 09/05/2018 02:37 PM, David Fetter wrote:
> Folks,
>
> The EOLs listed in the table aren't super specific looking forward.
>
> https://www.postgresql.org/support/versioning/
>
> Would it be OK to name the (planned) release date of the final minor
> release in that table?
>
> I'm asking because I've had some complaints from people who assume, I
> believe reasonably, that that table represents the actual EOL and not
> the current meaning of, "the date past which the date of the next
> point release is planned to come out."

I am not getting that. If you look at 10:

Version Current minor     Supported First release date   EOL date
10     10.5             Yes       October 2017            October 2022

EOL of life is at the 5 years support stated. At that point no further
releases will be done on it.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com